New Hire Orientation

Welcome to employment at Georgia College! This site will guide you through the process to complete all the onboarding requirements for new employees. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Once again, welcome!

New Hire Orientation


Start Date

  • Attend New Hire Orientation. You will receive an email with information concerning time and location.
  • Complete all required paperwork, including your I-9.
  • During your orientation session, you will complete modules about the history and background of Georgia College, an overview of institutional and USG policies, information security, and diversity and inclusiveness.
  • Benefits eligible employees will meet with a member of the benefits team. If adding dependent(s) to your coverage, bring required dependent documentation.
  • An HR staff member will assist you in registering for your parking pass and obtaining your Bobcat Card.

After Start Date

  • Benefits-eligible employees must complete core benefits enrollment within 30 days of the hire date or benefits eligible date. Exempt employees must complete retirement enrollment within 60 calendar days of the date of hire or eligibility date.
  • Staff must complete a probationary evaluation 180 days after start date.


I-9 Requirement

The I-9 is a document required by Customs and Immigration Services for all individuals who work in the United States. To complete this document, the HR representative must examine original identification documents. Copies are not allowed. There are three types of documents. List A establishes identity and employment authorization, List B establishes only Identity, and List C establishes only employment authorization.

List A              or

List B              AND

List C

  • U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card

  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551). 

  • Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV)

  • Employment Authorization Document (Card) that contains a photograph (Form I-766)

  • Foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A, Arrival/Departure Report bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s nonimmigrant status that authorizes such alien to work for a specific employer incident to this status. 

  • Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A showing nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI

  • Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV)






  • Driver’s license or identification (ID) card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address

  • ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address

  • School ID card with a photograph

  • Voter’s registration card

  • U.S. military card or draft record

  • Military dependent’s ID card

  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariners Document (MMD) Card

  • Native American tribal document

  • Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority

Acceptable List B Documents for persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:

  • School record or report card

  • Clinic, doctor or hospital record

  • Day-care or nursery school record


U.S. Social Security account number card that is unrestricted.

  • Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the U.S. Department of State (Form FS-545)

  • Certification of Report of Birth issued by the U.S. Department of State (Form DS-1350)

  • Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal

  • Native American tribal document

  • U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)

  • Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)

  • Employment authorization document issued by DHS.