New Hire Orientation
Welcome to employment at Georgia College! This site will guide you through the process to complete all the onboarding requirements for new employees. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Once again, welcome!
- Submit pre-employment paperwork to the Office of Human Resources.
- Signed offer letter
- Background check authorization, and
- Security Questionnaire and Loyalty Oath Form
- Benefits-eligible employees, review the Employee Benefits Overview brochure.
- Complete Right to Know Training about hazardous chemicals present in work areas.
- Complete Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Only for employees in high-risk positions
- Attend New Hire Orientation. You will receive an email with information concerning time and location.
- Complete all required paperwork, including your I-9.
- During your orientation session, you will complete modules about the history and background of Georgia College, an overview of institutional and USG policies, information security, and diversity and inclusiveness.
- Benefits eligible employees will meet with a member of the benefits team. If adding dependent(s) to your coverage, bring required dependent documentation.
- An HR staff member will assist you in registering for your parking pass and obtaining your Bobcat Card.
After Start Date
- Benefits-eligible employees must complete core benefits enrollment within 30 days of the hire date or benefits eligible date. Exempt employees must complete retirement enrollment within 60 calendar days of the date of hire or eligibility date.
- Staff must complete a probationary evaluation 180 days after start date.
The I-9 is a document required by Customs and Immigration Services for all individuals who work in the United States. To complete this document, the HR representative must examine original identification documents. Copies are not allowed. There are three types of documents. List A establishes identity and employment authorization, List B establishes only Identity, and List C establishes only employment authorization.
List A or
List B AND
Acceptable List B Documents for persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:
U.S. Social Security account number card that is unrestricted.